Monday, April 14, 2014

Mentor Text: How Martha Saved Her Parents from Green Beans

                                         

This past summer, I was fortunate enough to participate in the local chapter of The National Writing Project. This awakened a love of writing and teaching writing that I did not know I possessed. One part of teaching writing that I have come to love is finding mentor text to inspire writers, who, like myself, have not developed confidence in their writing skills yet. 

How Martha Saved her Parents from Green Beans is a perfect story to inspire stories and creativity in writing. It has such a funny and accessible story line, my students could not wait to begin their own story inspired by this book. Some examples of stories they are working on are:

How Shahad Saved Her Parents From Chicken Wings

How Ellie Saved Her Mom from Green Beans

How Maysa Saved Her Parents from Peas




This book was a welcomed addition to my classroom library! 




No comments:

Post a Comment